Although the core-business of the company remains focused on energy production and on service providing within the renewable energy market, since it is Hidroerg’s know-how stronghold, the following areas are envisaged as of priority action:
- Developing the hydro and wind projects in portfolio, pursuing their licensing procedures and ensuring their economic and environmental feasibility and adequate financing, so that they may be developed in due time.
- Intensifying the study of new possible hydropower schemes, it terms of site survey, resource evaluation (hydrologically and energetically), assessment of return-on-investment and evaluation of impacts, in an active search for new and feasible investment opportunities.
- Undertaking studies for third parties, meant to confirm the feasibility of envisaged hydropower schemes, under due-diligence processes of cross-cutting nature - covering issues such as hydrology, engineering design, economic feasibility, environmental impacts, etc., or where appropriate covering only some of these areas.
- Evaluating new markets for the development of renewable energies, in which the available know-how and experience may enable a sustainable balancing of investment opportunities.
- Exploring the potential use of other resources, namely in the solar photovoltaic area, recognised as having suitable natural conditions in Portugal and with recent sharp improvements of economic conditions.
- Assessing new business partnerships, focused on specific projects or on particular areas, preferably within the scope of Hidroerg and of its affiliated companies, or eventually through joint-ventures with new partners and in foreign markets.
- Participate in research and innovation (R&I) projects that contribute to the achievement of new knowledge in the field of energy production from renewable sources.